F:Welcome aboard!
F:歡迎你老本公司工作!
C:Thank you,I'm delighted to be working here,Ms.Buchwald.
C:謝謝。我很高性能來這里上班,布華奇先生。
F:Call me Buck,will you?My name is Reginald Buchwald but everybody call me Buck.It's easier.
F:叫我布客就可以了,好嗎?我的全名是雷奇納客.布奇華,但是大家都叫我布客。這樣比較方便。
C:I would hesitate to call you anything but Mr.Buchwald.Isn't it rather disrespectful to make a nickname out of the family name?
C:除了布奇華先生之外,我不好直呼其他名字,替別人另外取綽號,不是很不禮貌嗎?
F:Will,President Eisenhower was known as Ike.Everybody in this company all the way up and down the line is called by his or her first name.
F:嗯,艾森豪威爾總統也被呢稱為艾克。我們公司的上上下下都是直呼每個人的名字。
F:It's been our tradition ever since the company was small.And don't worry about the disrespect business.OK?
F:在我們公司規模很小的時候這就已經形成傳統。不要擔心不禮貌的事了,好嗎?
C:I'll try.
C:我會試試看。
F:Good.But when there are outsiders,like business people from other companies,it might be good practice to address your higher-ups as Mr.,Ms.orwhatever is appropriate.
F:好。不過。如果有外人在時,如其他公司的人,最好能稱呼你的上司為先生、小姐或任何適當的稱謂。
F:To the outside world,our custom may be interpreted as a singn of flippancy or lax discipline.Get it?
C:對外人而言,我們的習慣可能會是輕率的和紀律松懈的表現。明白嗎?
C:Yes,sir.
C:是的,先生。
F:(laughing)And don't sir me either.Now I'll show you your private office.
F:(笑著說)也不要叫我先生。現在,我帶你去看你的私人辦公室。
|